In 1957, António Alves, together with his father, started a small company dedicated to the production of chairs, in a ground floor house with 150 m2 and 4 employees.
For 13 years the company has been dedicated, almost exclusively, to the manufacture of chairs in national Eucalyptus wood, modifying the designs and materials as required by the clients.
Since 1970, the company started to manufacture other pieces in addition to the chairs, but was limited to a model of a bedroom, a living room and an ark.
With the company growth, new products were developed and new markets achieved. In 2000, the company was awarded the title of PME Design 2000, distinguished by the Portuguese Center of Design.
António Alves was present in its first international tradeshow in Cologne in 1999. In 2000, and for 7 consecutive years, the company was present in one of the most prestigious international fairs in the World - Isaloni - Salon del Mobile - Milano.
Over the years António Alves was recognized by the market as an exclusive and superior quality brand, with the best wood artisans at disposal, and built on honesty, trust and respect for our clients.
In 2016, a new chapter in António Alves history was written!
The company has created a new and refreshed identity, revolutionary products and a redesigned perspective over the furniture market, addressing a strong message to the audience and counting on with a multidisciplinary team of experts.